- The tranposition text area uses a non-proportional font (like Courier); the spacing of the chords and lyrics depend on a constant character width. Since spaces are much narrower in proportional fonts, if you paste the song into the form from another source the chords may all shift to the right. Transposition will still work. But the chords will not line up correctly in the form or the returned result, until you paste the results BACK into a document using the original font.
- Some lines may not transpose if the script cannot recognize a chord for some reason.
- If you stick with the standard set as listed here you shouldn't have any problems.
- Make sure there are no non-letter characters (such as dashes, parentheses, commas, etc) in the lines of chords. If a line just won't transpose, double-check for stray characters or words.
- If the song is in a minor key, such as Amin, select A as the starting key. The minor key will not affect the final result.
- You cannot transpose from a major to a minor key or vice versa. It's just not musically possible. And yes, we have been asked.
- When guessing a root key, the routine counts the number of each chord found in the song. If one is higher than the others, it is presumed to be the root key. If not, the lowest chord (A, B, etc.) is used.
- This routine makes a few educated guesses about "enharmonics". This is related to the sharp or flat status of notes.
For example, Bb could also be written as A#. In a song whose root chord is by default a flatted note, such as Bb
(which is rarely written as A# by most musicians) all the other chords will default to flatted chords.
In a song whose root chord is usually written with a sharp, such as F#, all the other
chords will default to sharped chords.
You can get more basic help here.
Please note: transposition results are logged! This is for internal purposes only; if we get a report of problems it helps us to track down the bug.
Would you like to be able to list all your songs in one neat database, transpose them with a single key press or mouse click, and select a PlayList of songs, images, videos, announcements, Scripture verses, and even Powerpoint slide shows? If so, Worship LIVE! will meet your needs!